Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Abra? Cadabra!

Abra is trying to upscale auto repair service to justify higher prices, and if you want the funeral home experience with solemn tones, lots of details and long waits for an appointment, then this is for you. If you want a fast estimate and value pricing, forget Abra.
The front door says "No appointment necessary", but just try to get seen in less than an hour or two, even for the simplest question. While the waiting area seems very quiet, with no customers, I was told no one could see me about the 3" scratch on my fender for 2 hours. This was the same for every visit I have made. The service writers seem to be doing very little at their desks, but have no time to stand up to actually talk to a walk-in customer.
In September I waited for quite a while to talk to a service writer about refinishing my alloy wheels. I was eventually seen and told "we don't do that service". While waiting more recently for another estimate, I noticed in the Abra pamphlet from the front counter that there was a "money saving offer" for--you guessed it-- Alloy Wheel Repair! Another 2 hours wasted at Abra!
I have had cars repaired and estimated at Abra 4+ times over the past 5 years, and their prices have always been the highest of any shop I've compared. Their work is acceptable, but not perfect, and I have had to return for follow-up work on every repair. Why did I use them then? They are close and the insurance company pays for the high price. Hopefully, I would get better service, but I don't feel this is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment